Saturday, May 1, 2010

The past year.

I haven't posted in ages but here is a quick reflection on the past year

As the semester winds down and comes to a close I am just amazed at the way the Lord has provided for us all along the way. One year ago we were in Florida knowing that God was calling us elsewhere and it just so happened that Louisville, KY and Southern Seminary is where he had for us. I am still amazed today that I am where I am. Just a couple of years ago I would have never seen myself where I am today. This was as far from what I was planning as I could imagine. What do I think of it all? I am so glad that I am here and I think that Amanda is too. We have known what it means to have plenty (at least plenty for us) and this year for the first time in our marriage we have known at times what it is like to have significant needs and God was there through it all (Thanks to those of you God used to help us). He provided our excess in past years and he provides for us now.

I can truly say that I am as grateful to him for our scaled down lifestyle as I was for what now seems excessive lifestyle. I can also say that though I am a little more stressed out at time, and certainly MUCH busier (husband, father, full time Seminary student, full time employee supervising a dozen people, church member, occasional runner) that I love my God and my life more than I have at any point in my life. I am TRULY blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment